MySQL Connector/ODBC can be used as an ODBC database driver on multiple platforms, such as Mac OS X, Windows and Linux. By installing the MySQL Connector/ODBC driver you will be able to connect to any MySQL databases using the ODBC interface. This article walks through creating a DSN for MySQL data in iODBC and accessing MySQL data in Microsoft Excel, all on a machine running Mac OS X. Installing the CData ODBC Drivers on Mac OS X. The CData ODBC Driver for MySQL is preconfigured for the iODBC driver manager, as are many other products like Microsoft Excel.
|Click here to return to the 'How to access MySQL data in Filemaker via ODBC' hint|
You are my HERO!
I have been trying to do this for a while. I had done the OpenLink ODBC install and was going bonkers trying to figure it out. Guess I was always looking in the wrong spot! Many thanks.
Were you able to update your MySQL database directly from FM Pro?
Using MS Access and an ODBC driver, I can update a MySQL database using Access' standard graphical interface. I can't seem to do this with FM Pro.
drivers ship with a fully-functioning 30-day trial licensewhich the name 'opensource' doesn't really reflect. I guess I am used to 'opensoure' as without cost. This also requires an email registration to receive the file.
Instructions for configuring FMP to work with the driver can be found in the FAQ. A free, non-expiring evaluation version is available for download (no registration required). The price for the full version is $30.
Actual Technologies - ODBC for OS X
Reply to This # ]
Install Mysql Odbc Driver
Except that the driver only allows the first three rows to be imported until you register.
Well it works on windows. It should work on Mac OS X too. I havent tried this but
there is a MyODBC driver section for Mac OS X :
and some instructions :
Hi, I think the mySQL 4.0.21from ServerLogistics is working originally (for OS X 10.3), but I just post it here in case someone is getting stuck because I had to do some tricks to it.
- Download Complete MySQL 4.0.21 from serverlogistics.com. Install mySQL and ODBC package.
- You can use ODBC Administrator included with OSX to add driver/dsn, but you will have to edit odbc.ini manually anyway. ODBC Admin doesn't change it correctly.
- if it's a user dsn, then edit file: /Users/username/Library/ODBC/odbc.ini; if you use system dsn, then the file odbc.ini is in /Library/ODBC/
- Refer to odbc.ini guideline from:
- Test your odbc driver using odbctest command in Terminal, make sure it works.
- If you can connect to your dsn using odbctest, but cannot see it in FileMaker or Excel, move the file 'ODBC Driver Manager' out of the folder /Library/CFMSupport. (This took me a week to figure out until I try on a clean machine. This file normally is not there.)
Here is my odbc.ini:
[ODBC Data Sources]
testmyodbc = MyODBC Driver
Driver = /Library/MyODBC/lib/libmyodbc3-3.51.06.bundle
Description = Test MyODBC driver
Database = test
Trace = 0
TraceAutoStop = 0
Command to test in terminal:
odbctest --> ? --> dsn=testmyodbc
A powerful, native Java driver that converts JDBC calls into the network protocol used by the MySQL database
MySQL Connector/J was developed as a tool to help the developers working with Java in order to create applets and tools that interact with MySQL.
MySQL Connector/J provides a full-featured JDBC driver that comes with complete support for the MySQL capabilities.
On top of that, the driver comes with complete support for streaming result sets, enabling you to easily retrieve a great number of rows without the need for a large memory buffer.
MySQL Connector/J includes getGeneratedKeys, which allows its users to easily retrieve auto-increment fields in a way that's not database specific.
Mac Iodbc Driver For Mysql 5.6.39
Installing the MySQL Connector/J driver is relatively easy, you just have to place the jar file on your classpath by specifying it with the “-cp” feature from the command-line. Gopro best video editing software for mac.
Download Odbc Driver For Mysql
MySQL Connector/J is developed using the Java programming language and can be run on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
Filed underNew in MySQL Connector/J 5.1.40:
- FUNCTIONALITY ADDED OR CHANGED:
- A very old workaround for Bug#36326 (fixed in release 5.1.32) has been removed, so Connector/J can now use local transaction states when the MySQL server has query cache enabled. (Bug #19974685)
- Added support for the error codes of two MySQL server errors, ER_XA_RBTIMEOUT and ER_XA_RBDEADLOCK. (Bug #13702433, Bug #64188)
MySQL Connector/J 5.1.41 / 6.0.5 M4add to watchlistsend us an update
Mysql Odbc Driver 5.1
- runs on:
- Mac OS X (-)
- file size:
- 4.3 MB
- main category:
- Developer Tools
- visit homepage
Postgresql Odbc Driver Mac
top alternatives FREE
top alternatives PAID