Foscam ip viewer for mac laptop free download - Foscam IP Camera Viewer by OWLR for Foscam Cams, Foscam IP Cam Viewer by OWLR, Foscam Cam Viewer for Windows 10, and many more programs. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to [email protected] or call 1-844-344-1113. If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Basic Setup for your Foscam MJPEG IP Camera This tutorial will show you how to connect to your Foscam IP Camera on a Mac (Lion). We start off by plugging the. Foscam IP Camera tool known as Equipment Search tool is a software that allows you to find the IP address of a Foscam camera on your local network. Also you can modify various network settings of Foscam cameras such as change the IP address, modify the gateway, the subnet mask, the DNS, http ports etc. See attached files for the Foscam IP Camera Search Tool for Windows and Mac. Once the zip is downloaded, unzip it to extract the tool. See our retail Foscam Cameras and our Foscam Wholesale Distributor pages for products.
Foscam IP Camera tool known as Equipment Search tool is a software that allows you to find the IP address of a Foscam cameraTorrent driver san francisco for mac os. on your local network. Also you can modify various network settings of Foscam cameras such as change the IP address, modify the gateway, the subnet mask, the DNS, http ports etc. You definitely need this tool in order to set up your Foscam camera.
There are a few versions of Foscam IP camera tool (also known as Equipment Search Tool), usually the main one works for all types of CCTV IP cameras and Equipment manufactured by Foscam. However they have a few versions for some of their special cameras. Below you can download the Foscam IP Camera tool.
- Equipment Search Tool V126.96.36.199 for Windows (or google drive).
- Equipment Search Tool V0.0.0.4 for Mac (or google drive) (or google drive).
- Equipment Search Tool for FI86XX model cameras – Windows only (or google drive).
- Equipment Search Tool for FN7104W model cameras – Windows only (or google drive).
How to find out the IP address of your Foscam camera?
- Connect the camera via an Ethernet cable to a LAN port on the router.
- Power on the Foscam camera.
- Verify the computer is connected to the same router.
- Standby until the camera completes the self-test. Some models with the voice feature will announce “Wired connection successful.”
- Launch the IP Camera Equipment Search tool program.
- You should be able to see the camera listed on the IP camera tool software
The tool will scan your local network and will list any Foscam devices (IP camera, NVR) found on the network. Right click over the IP address of the camera and the submenu will show up. You can modify the IP address to match that of your network, gateway, subnet mask, etc.
If you double click the IP address, it will be directed to the web browser where you can access the camera using your username and password. Make sure to install any plugins that the camera prompts.
Equipment Search Tool can’t find the Foscam camera
It may happen that the Foscam IP camera tool won’t detect any IP cameras on the network (although you have connected one). There are many factors that can cause this issue, but the main culprits are various drivers installed in your computer. If you can’t find the Foscam camera on the software, read the tips below:
- Make sure both camera and computer are connected to the same router (network).
- Make sure the camera’s status is normal.
- Try another Ethernet cable or hook into another LAN port on the router.
- Make sure the router DHCP server is enabled and there is no Mac address filter.
- Login router’s web page, and check router’s DHCP client list as well, to see if the camera’s IP shows up there. If yes, please try to log in the camera directly by typing the IP address and port on the url address bar. (Default http port: for SD camera is 80, for HD camera is 88).
Other possible reasons the IP Search Tool may be blocked are Windows firewall settings, router firewall settings, anti-virus software or some other software issue.
”Subnet doesn’t match” error on IP camera tool
In a few cases while using the Equipment Search Tool newly discovered Foscam cameras will generate an error message subnet doesn’t match. This error is normally generated because the camera and computer do not have an IP address on the same network segment. This can be caused by the computer and camera not being connected to the same router or the camera was configured with a different IP address on another router.
Read these tips for a possible solution:
- Verify that the camera and computer are connected to the same router and the router’s DHCP server is enabled.
- You may need to perform a hard reset of the camera. Once completed the camera will obtain a new IP address from the router’s DHCP server automatically.
- If the above steps do not resolve the error assign an IP address for the camera manually.
- Verify that the Gateway and DNS server is the router’s local IP address and the camera’s IP address should have the first three numbers as the router’s IP address. Example: If the router’s local IP address is 192.168.1.1 then the IP address range of the camera would be 192.168.1.x with x being between 2 – 254. Also the IP address for the camera must be unique (not the same IP for two devices on the network).
- Enter the username and password for the camera and click okay. At this point the error message should be corrected and the camera should be displayed with the IP address you just assigned to it.
Configuration tools are important when it comes to setting up, owning and managing a security camera system. These tools are especially useful when it comes to configuring IP security camera systems. This includes configuring recorders such as NVRs, DVRs, and XVRs for a network to set up remote viewing. In the article below we show how to install and use the Config Tool for various useful functions. There are more things you can do with the Config Tool but they are advanced and usually unnecessary. We even use the software on a day to day basis to test and prepare equipment for our customers.
Here's a list of functions we describe below.
1. How to install the Config Tool software
In the video below we show how to install the Config Tool software. The Config Tool software is available for download by clicking this link. Download the software to a common folder such as the Desktop or Downloads folder. Extract the file from the zip folder and double click the .exe file. After you’ve extracted the file you can watch our video below to learn how to install the software.
How to install the Config Tool
2) How to find cameras and recorders on the network
The first step to use the Config Tool software after installing it is searching the local network. The software can scan a network for devices sold by CCTV Camera World. If the network is a non-standard 192.168.1.xxx network then the search setting option can be used to scan other networks. Watch the video below to learn more about using the Config Tool to scan a network.
Foscam Ip Camera
3) How to initialize IP cameras
Rarely an IP camera might be sent with factory default settings by our technicians and need to be initialized. Or our support team may suggest a factory reset to fix a setting or after applying new firmware. Either way any cameras that are in default mode need to be initialized before they can be used. In the video below we show how to initialize a camera using the Config Tool software. Previously a customer would have to login to their camera manually, this software makes it very easy to initialize a camera or many cameras at the same time.
How to initialize an IP Camera using the Config Tool
4) How to to change the IP address cameras, NVR, DVR
Foscam Ip Camera Tool For Mac
One of the most common uses of the Config Tool software is the ability to change the IP address of equipment without logging into it manually. The Config Tool offers the easiest way to change IP addresses on any device whether it’s an IP camera, NVR, or DVR. In the following video we show how to change the IP address of any device sold by CCTV Camera World. The important step that is often missed is changing the search settings to the proper username and password. Without the correct login information the Config Tool cannot change the IP address of the equipment.
5) How to update firmware using the Config Tool
Last but not least, the next most common use of the Config Tool is using it to upgrade firmware. We rarely recommend upgrading firmware on any of our equipment. As the saying goes, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. However, from time to time our support department may provide our customers with a firmware update. The video below shows how to take that firmware update file and push it to an NVR. Always make sure that the firmware file is not in a zip folder before trying to upload it.