Foobar Alternative Mac to Play and Convert Almost All Music on Mac
Brief Introduction of Foobar
Foobar2000 for mac (经典音乐播放器) v2.1.58 (1).
Foobar is a well known free ware audio player, which is designed for Windows and famous for its highly modular design, breadth of features, and extensive user flexibility in configuration.
The user-interface of Foobar is completely customizable. Its extensive SDK allows third-party developers to completely replace the interface. There are a number of official and third-party components which add many additional features.
Free download openemulator for mac. Foobar natively support most popular audio formats: MP1, MP2, MP3, MPC, AAC, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC / Ogg FLAC, ALAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, AU, SND, CD, Speex, and Opus. It also supports some other formats by extended components: APE, HDCD, AC3, DTS, SACD, or DVD-Audio. With Converter component, it can even convert audios between various formats, ripping CD, burning CD.
The drawbacks of Foobar are mainly reflected in three aspects: doesn't have Mac version, need to install Converter component to convert audio files and no built-in help service.
- Download foobar2000 2.2.10 for Mac for free, without any viruses, from Uptodown. Try the latest version of foobar2000 2020 for Mac.
- TechiSky’s Favor: iTunes is the best free Foobar for Mac (macOS Mojave, Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks included) TechiSky has tried many music players for Mac till he wrote this article and found there is always something missing in the players.
Part 1 Foobar for Mac Alternative
To make up the defects of Foobar, we design a best alternative for Foobar - Faasoft Audio Converter, which is an all-in-one audio player, converter and editor.
As the best Foobar Mac alternative, Faasoft Audio Converter works with Mac OS X 10.5, Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X 10.7, Mac OS X 10.8, Mac OS X 10.9 and Mac OS X 10.10. Not only that, it also has a Windows version.
As an audio player, Faasoft Audio Converter is compatible with almost all kinds of audio files such as OPUS, AC3, DTS, RA, RAM, APE, ALAC, AAC, OGG, FLAC, WMA, OGA, MP3, WAV, XWM, 3GA, M4A, M4B, CAF, MPC, QCP, MKA, VOC, VOX, GSM and so on. In addition, it doesn't only support audio files but also nearly all kinds of video clips like MP4, AVI, WMV, MKV, FLV, MOV, ASF, WTV, DivX, Xvid, SWF, MXF, MVI, OGM, WebM, OGV, 3GP, RM, RMVB, 720p/1080p AVCHD, MTS, M2TS, M2T, TS, TOD, MOD, etc.
Tips: Simply drag and drop your music or movie to the main interface of this Foobar for Mac and click 'Play' button to enjoy the music or movie. Click 'Full Screen' button to enjoy your audio or video clips in full screen. You can drag the slide to adjust the volume during the process.
Part 2 Conversion and Editing Function
Next, we will introduce the other two main functions of the Foobar 2000 Mac alternative: convert and edit.
This Foobar for Mac alternative supports converting all supported input files to popular audio formats like MP3, WAV, AAC, M4A, AIFF, FLAC, AC3, DTS, OGG, WMA, AU, etc. Moreover, this Foobar alternative also can extract audio from various kinds of video clips. After drag and drop the file that you want to convert to the program to add file, click 'Profile' drop-down button to select output format as your desire and then hit the big 'Convert' button to finish the conversion.
Before start the conversion, you can also edit the file at will. Click 'Trim' button to capture your favorite clips from your audio by entering the 'Start Time' and 'End Time' in the start time and end time box. Or click 'Setting' button > 'Advanced' to adjust audio volume/sample rate/bitrate and change audio channel, etc. Or select file(s) that you want to merge or split and then click 'Merge Selected into One' or 'Split by Chapter' from context menu option.
More convert and edit features wait for explore.
More Foobar Mac Alternative
Here, we list another three Foobar for Mac alternatives for you:
Foobar Equivalent For Mac
Foobar For Mac Reddit
Foobar Mac Dsd
- Winamp supports most audio formats, as well as CD playback and CD importing. Winamp allows for retrieval of cover art, and prompts you to confirm the validity of the cover. You're also given the ability to customize the look of the application with a endless library of downloadable skins.
- Decibel is an iTunes look-alike that attempts to cater to audiophiles by supporting all lossless and lossy audio formats, including FLAC, Wavpack, Ogg Vorbis, and others. Decibel offers gapless playback for lossless audio formats as well.
- Amarra is a high resolution music player designed for the discriminating ears of audiophiles and professionals. Supports sample rates up to 192 kHz and includes equalization, digital volume control, and automatic sample rate adjustment for your audio interface.