Uninstall Citrix Receiver or the Citrix Workspace application using the default uninstall procedure: Go to Start Control Panel Programs and Features Select the Citrix Receiver or Workspace app and click uninstall. Now run the Citrix Clean Up Utility After you have downloaded the ReceiverCleanupUtility.zip file extract or unzip it. Citrix Receiver allows for Citrix connections to be made from lots of different types of devices, including devices running Microsoft Windows OS, Android OS, Apple iOS and the various Linux OS families. Today I will be taking a quick look at installing Citrix Receiver on Mac OS X (10.13, aka High Sierra). Citrix offers self-service virtualization delivery with Dazzle. Citrix Receiver is available for PCs and smartphones such as the iPhone, and will be available for the Mac in the second half of. Because of notoriously complex infrastructure, tasks such as uninstalling Citrix Receiver on Mac can be a challenging undertaking. Just like typical applications, Citrix Receiver has a special uninstallation script that directs the removal process. Citrix background services taking 100 percent CPU in OS X. If your organization uses Citrix services, then the background programs for this service may be a cause for some slowdowns.
- Citrix, Receiver
Having problems removing Citrix Online Plugin 11.x & 12.x or Citrix Receiver version 13.x or 14.x then help is here.
Citrix have released a tool called Receiver Clean-Up Utility, that solves these issues.
Receiver Cleanup utility must be used in the following scenarios:
- Receiver or Online Plug-in is installed but the old components still exist or creating abnormal scenarios.
- Receiver or Online Plug-in components must be cleaned before troubleshooting or installation.
- Receiver or Online Plug-in are unable to function and the product is unable to install or uninstall.
CTX325140 – How to Remove Client Files Remaining on System after Uninstalling Receiver for Windows
Receiver Cleanup utility cleans out components, files, and registry values of Online Plug-in 11.x, 12.x, and Receiver 13.x, 14.0.
- Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows 2008 R2
Installing Receiver Cleanup Utility
Receiver Cleanup Utility is an executable file (standalone).
How to Use Receiver Cleanup Utility
To use Receiver Cleanup utility, complete the following steps:
- Extract and run the Receiver Cleanup utility with administrator privileges.
If desired, the Receiver Cleanup utility can be run in an unattended mode, by specifying the executable with a parameter of /silent (Ex: “C:tempReceiverCleanupUtility.exe /silent” )
Caution!: This will not prompt to backup, nor reboot even if necessary, and will not automatically reboot.
Citrix Receiver (now renamed Citrix Workspace) is client software that allows users to connect virtualized desktops and apps from their end devices. Because of notoriously complex infrastructure, tasks such as uninstalling Citrix Receiver on Mac can be a challenging undertaking.
Just like typical applications, Citrix Receiver has a special uninstallation script that directs the removal process. While you would expect the uninstallation process to remove the right files and all the registry entries—this is usually not the case with Citrix Receiver. Sometimes, the process can go wrong; for instance, “Follow Me Data” files can be left behind due to unexpected error(s).
Follow the steps below to uninstall Citrix Receiver on Mac device:
- Locate the “.dmg” file and double-click on it. In this case, the “.dmg” file refers to the file you downloaded from Citrix when installing Citrix Receiver for the first time. In case you can’t locate it, point your browser to Citrix Downloads to download it again.
- Click the “Uninstall Citrix Workspace App.”
- Follow the on-screen steps to finish the uninstallation process.
- Reboot your system after uninstalling Citrix Receiver on Mac.
How to remove Follow Me Data notes
In some instances, “Follow Me Data” files are left behind even after uninstalling and rebooting the computer due to unexpected error(s). Follow these steps to manually remove such files:
- Navigate to the following locations and manually delete the corresponding file:
- ~/Applications/Citrix/FollowMeData A
- ~/Library/Application Support/ShareFile
- Navigate to the locations below and erase the corresponding file:
- Delete the following files if they haven’t been cleaned:
Cleaning up your file system after uninstall
After uninstalling Citrix Receiver and rebooting the system, ensure that you remove all folders and files listed below. If these files and folders are not removed successfully, you must do so manually.
- /Applications-Citrix Receiver.app
- ~/Applications – Delete the applications under this folder that you previously added via the Receiver UI.
- /Library- /Internet plug-ins/CitrixICAClientPlugIn.plugin
- /Library- /LaunchAgents/com.citrix.AuthManager_Mac.plist
- /Library- /LaunchAgents/com.citrix.ServiceRecords.plist
- ~/Library-/Internet plug-ins/CitrixICAClientPlugIn.plugin
- ~/Library- /Application Support/Citrix Receiver- CitrixID
- ~/Library- /Application Support/Citrix Receiver- Config
- ~/Library- /Application Support/Citrix Receiver- Module
- ~/Library- /Preferences/com.citrix.receiver.nomas.plist
- ~/Library- /Preferences/com.citrix.receiver.nomas.plist.lockfile
- ~/Library- /Preferences/com.citrix.ReceiverFTU.AccountRecords.plist (added in 11.6)
- ~/Library- /Preferences/com.citrix.ReceiverFTU.AccountRecords.plist.lockfile (added in 11.6)
- /private/var/db/receipts- com.citrix.ICAClient.bom
- /private/var/db/receipts- com.citrix.ICAClient.plist
- Depending on the Receiver version(s), some of the above mentioned folders might not exist in the system.
- A tilde (~) before the folder path indicates the folder’s location in the user profile. A folder path without the tilde indicates the system-wide version of the folder at the system root.
- Some folders mentioned above can be hidden directories.
Parallels RAS is an affordable alternative to Citrix
Citrix Receiver has undergone many changes—from the days it was referred to as ICA Client to the current Citrix Workspace app. However, its configuration and management across many endpoints are a big challenge. Multiple products and components can be confounding to users.
Parallels® Remote Application Server (RAS) is a seamless, all-in-one VDI platform. It allows you to access virtual desktops and apps on a remote server from any device and OS. Parallels RAS requires fewer resources to run, is simple to use, and is less costly. It’s also easier to manage and scale-up. In addition, you have access to a stable upgrade path since the entire infrastructure can be deployed within minutes.
The outstanding user experience of Parallels RAS is an additional factor that makes it a better alternative to Citrix. Free ms paint alternative for mac. It has an intuitive and consistent user experience across all devices and even on mobiles. It offers native gesture capabilities and allows users to multitask on any device. You can use it to print from any device using local printers and use custom keys to simplify common keystrokes.
Parallels RAS allows easier interaction and readability for applications that fit the entire screen. You can use it to maximize smartphone capabilities, and drag and drop files from servers to the client to increase productivity. Additional capabilities like ultra-fast login, white labeling, local drive redirection, and consistent multi-monitor window positions make Parallels RAS an affordable yet one of the best solutions.
Mac Uninstall Guide https://macuninstallguides.com/remove-citrix-receiver-12-8-1-on-mac.html
Latest Citrix Receiver For Mac
Parallels RAS https://www.parallels.com/fileadmin/docs/ras/resources/WP_MigrationfromCitrix_EN_A4.pdf